DAR Compilation Vol. 1
Sound samples on MySpace

Review auf Kulturterrorismus
Review auf Medienkonverter
Review on gothtronic.com
Review auf necroweb.de
Review auf Club Debil
Reseña de Mentenebre

Compilation includes tracks by Ah Cama-Soz & All Sides, Dark Muse & Nihil Communication, Evoke Scurvee, False Mirror, Megatone, Mytrip, Nagual Art, Phelios, Phobos, Stephen Parsick, and Svartsinn

Available at your favorite mailorder:
Thread ansehen
Dark Ambient Radio | Talk | Dark Ambient Neuerscheinungen / DA New Releases
Autor stephen parsick: deltaplan extended -- muziek voor polders
Tektonik
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 25.02.07
Eingetragen auf 16-06-2008 18:03
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that there is another ambient music album available from Extended Moment, over at musiczeit.com. Here´s a little info:

http://www.musiczeit.com/directory.php?artist=296&title=Stephen+Parsick

the music on "deltaplan" came into being while preparing the joint concert with phelios at wuppertal´s sophienkirche. i usually record my rehearsals in order to capture interesting bits and moments which would otherwise be lost. the recordings also featured some "dummy head" ambient field recordings i had made during my previous holidays, spent by the dutch coast. i had been marvelling at the dutch "waterbouw" enterprises for a long time and found it utterly inspiring to pay a visit to some of the giant floodgates that were built in order to prevent a flood disaster like that of february 1953. these man-made buildings represent a place where the forces of nature and the perpetual onslaught of water meet the strong resistance of man who tries to shield himself against these forces.

"vloedland" is the translation of "floodland" into dutch. originally, this composition was my contribution to the joint concert with phelios and made up the second half of our "it always rains in wuppertal" cd-r which was released around the same time as "deltaplan". here, you will not find the version as it was released in 2007 but an ambient recording of my actual solo performance that took place inside an old church. for the recording i used a hybrid technique of a custom-built jecklin oss disc with two omnidirectional small diaphragm condenser microphones mounted to it, plus an old sennheiser mke-2002 "dummy head" microphone from the 1970s. this technique spawned a whole series of "dummy head" recordings in that era (code 3´s "planet of man", produced by klaus schulze, certainly was one of the most fabled recordings, and even "radiohead" are now using an akg d-99c "harry"smiley. a jecklin disc is a device of roughly 40cm diametre, covered with sound-absorbing materials, with a microphone mounted on each side. in contrast to the dummy head microphone, the jecklin disc allows for mono reproduction without that "gaping hole in the middle". it was originally invented by a swiss audio engineer who wanted to record ensembles of singers and instrumentalists with a minimum of microphones. i used the disc for a while before i obtained a crown sass-p mk. 2 stereo pzm microphone which works in a similar way.

"deltaplan" was originally released in early 2007 as a limited-edition cd-r that was available only to a handful of supporters worldwide as there were only 25 copies made. here it is more widely available to all those who either missed out on the original release or who want to listen to my more ambient music for the first time. enjoy.

Thanks for reading,

Stephen.

"Wer sich am kommerziellen Musikgeschmack orientiert, dient der Reaktion." (Einstürzende Neubauten, 1981)
Sende Private Message
Springe zum Forum:
Login
Username

Passwort

Noch kein Mitglied?
Klicke hier um dich zu registrieren.

Passwort vergessen?
Fordere Hier ein neues an
Shoutbox
Du musst Dich einloggen, um eine Nachricht zu schreiben.

DarkAmbient
15 Mar : 13:35
... and again, the Auto DJ switched itself off. Got to write my own radio software. :-/

DarkAmbient
15 Mar : 13:14
And again forgot to restore a slider on a deck after fade-out...

DarkAmbient
15 Feb : 21:53
Ahh sorry, it's the ai revolution! The auto dj went on vacation, leaving the broadcasting software to queue-only mode.

Seelenkrank
15 Feb : 06:33
There ist a Loop running. The same 6-8 Songs all the time (?)

DarkAmbient
31 Dec : 15:17
Wish the same to all of you!

Shoutbox Archiv
Panel Stats