DAR Compilation Vol. 1
Sound samples on MySpace

Review auf Kulturterrorismus
Review auf Medienkonverter
Review on gothtronic.com
Review auf necroweb.de
Review auf Club Debil
Reseña de Mentenebre

Compilation includes tracks by Ah Cama-Soz & All Sides, Dark Muse & Nihil Communication, Evoke Scurvee, False Mirror, Megatone, Mytrip, Nagual Art, Phelios, Phobos, Stephen Parsick, and Svartsinn

Available at your favorite mailorder:
Thread ansehen
Dark Ambient Radio | Talk | Dark Ambient Neuerscheinungen / DA New Releases
Autor V/A - Tribute to the dead soldiers Vol.III (1914-1918) (réf. LCDDFDL010)
CrepusculaR
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 27.12.08
Eingetragen auf 26-11-2009 23:47
[img]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7096/64751430.jpg[/img]

"Dark Ambient, Neofolk, Martial & Industrial music artists gift in memory of the dead soldiers ... "

Tracklist

PART I

01-Lokasenna ioc-November Wind
02-Kunstgerecht-Back
03-Wounded Violets-Barren Lands
04-Modernum Decadentia Oppositorum-Dulce et decorum est pro patria Mori
05-Glimmer Void-Goners
06-Karma Marata-Euer Brennend Gott.mix
07-Primeval Existence-Roar of the Warchiefs
08-Shattered Hand-No Man's Land
09-Suburban Cruelty Centre-La Lumiere A Quitté Le Ciel
10-Waffenruhe-Bruderkrieg
11-Stahlfaust-Heldentum
12-Le Silence des Ruines-Le Brouillard Des Spectres
13-Phalanx feat.The White Rabbit-Weihnachtsfrieden
14-Strydwolf-Memorial

PART II

01-Weeping Hollyhocks-White Thorn
02-Seinsvergessenheit-Met onze jongens aan den Ijzer
03-Sinweldi-Notre Victoire (Militia Dei Remix)
04-Militia Dei-Deceit
05-Bunkertor 1-Ritterblut
06-Nebel-Les Veuves
07-Aurea Hora-Nightmare
08-Nosens-Cura Ut Valeas !
09-Ierophania-My Sister,I was lost for you
10-Leukotome-Entrenchment
11-CrepusculaR-Requiem For The Unknown Fallen Ones
12-Noise Cabaret-Going to Battle
13-Adrien Mailler-Dans les Tranchées
14-Front Sonore-La Chanson de Craonne

Info + direct dwnld:
VA - tribute to the Dead Soldiers Vol.III

:crepuscular: postindustrial ambient music
https://crepuscular.neocities.org/ Sende Private Message
Autor RE: V/A - Tribute to the dead soldiers Vol.III (1914-1918) (réf. LCDDFDL010)
Phelios
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 24.06.06
Eingetragen auf 27-11-2009 15:03
What does Dark Ambient music have to do with dead soldiers from the first world war?!?!
http://www.phelios.de Sende Private Message
Autor RE: V/A - Tribute to the dead soldiers Vol.III (1914-1918) (réf. LCDDFDL010)
Goten
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 30.07.09
Eingetragen auf 27-11-2009 15:52
Agrée with you Phelios!

Dark Matter Search !
http://www.myspace.com/gotenhome Sende Private Message
Phelios
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 27-11-2009 16:32
The music is most stupid crap as well. I counted a lot of nazi symbolism on the netlabel´s myspace site and from their "bands". But oooh - it´s not political! No, it is just art and I am too stupid to understand it. Fuck off!
/pissed
Goten
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 30.07.09
Eingetragen auf 27-11-2009 16:42
yeah, that's really sent!

Dark Matter Search !
http://www.myspace.com/gotenhome Sende Private Message
vile
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 04.02.07
Eingetragen auf 27-11-2009 20:49
Phelios schrieb:
What does Dark Ambient music have to do with dead soldiers from the first world war?!?!

Music can do anything with anything, the problem is there's no need to spoil such a special thing as music with everyday shit like politics and stuff. And btw what nazis have to do with WWI?

262823426 http://twitter.com/angelxgodfree Sende Private Message
Phelios
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 27-11-2009 21:39
vile schrieb:
Phelios schrieb:

Music can do anything with anything, the problem is there's no need to spoil such a special thing as music with everyday shit like politics and stuff. And btw what nazis have to do with WWI?

I do not intend to discuss that here, I also did not understand what you wanted to say. Nazis do not have anything to do with wwi, but the label´s myspace site offers a lot of nazi iconography. Some of the bands which are featured by the label have definitly a wwii / nazi background. Same goes for the compilation.
vile
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 04.02.07
Eingetragen auf 27-11-2009 21:59
I meant that there are no boundaries to everything that influences artists to create music. And if they are influenced by the deaths of billions of soldiers it is okay to create a tribute to them, it is okay this to be a dark ambient tribute.

However it is a shitty thing to do, to spread nazi, communist, anarchist or whatever political propaganda through such a fine art as music. Especially through dark ambient music which has mostly to do with perceptions and imagination. It is an idiotic attempt to turn something shapeless (in the good sense of the word), endless and suggesting very personal interpretation into a banal piece of everyday shit we see on the TV.

If sound art or music or whatever you call it, is a way to step above our disgusting human nature, mixing art with politics is nothing more than a way to show you are so empty, so thoughtless and creativeless, just nothing more than an everyday douchebag.

But I have to make a remark. I'm quite interested in hardcore, 90s vegan sxe metal music and there are a lot of politically engaged bands. Which is okay as hardcore/punk for example is not just a type of music it is about a social message and attitude, about representing a community. But if you are politically engaged with some sort of ideology you have to be there, standing and ready to defend it. Not put a myspace page with 549349 swastikas, red or black flags and be just the next anonymous scumbag, too ignorant to know politics is not a joke and too scared to really stand behind what he spreads.

262823426 http://twitter.com/angelxgodfree Sende Private Message
DarkAmbient
Technischer Administrator

Eingetreten: 08.02.06
Eingetragen auf 27-11-2009 22:05
But it's already a political statement to honor the fallen soldiers of WW1, and not the killed civilians. You can't escape it!

I find it kind of funny when people name F. Nietzsche as influence and more or less promote nationalist ideology, like glorifying WW1.

I hope the intention is provocation -- at least it worked in this thread. But as I may have said before in some other neofolk thread: Provocation without subversion is premature.

Also saw Laibach together with real right-wing folk bands under influences. smiley

Sorry, I don't want to disrespect a certain music taste here. And there are some people who like both, Neofolk and Dark Ambient and sometimes the borderline is blurred. But I would like to keep this web page as a refuge for those, who don't like neofolk, martial and the like very much and are bothered by always being lumped together with them. There are plenty of neofolk forums out there, but not so much dark ambient forums. Hope you understand...
http://home.arcor.de/tmielke Sende Private Message
CrepusculaR
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 01-12-2009 01:53
Having a release on La Caverne du Dragon , the split with Jfod Gumt called 'L'effort de Guerre' which is the 4th reference of the netlabel I was invited to join this volume. Of course I take the invitation with all my respect .

This compilations series attempts to honour the ones who following their own beliefs ( and /or the ones who were forced to) gave their lifes in the front defending their motherlands. Being from any country under any flag. (remember the weblabel is France based)
Just like that.
No politics, being correct or the so called incorrect.
This is about remembering the ones who dies fighting at WW I. No one speaks of 'nazism', no one is hailing any ideology.
And hialing honour, suffering in that hard conditions and bravery is not a political statement. Is not so difficult to see the diference.
Also, this series are not looking for fame through controversy. If that were the case you could see a HUGE swastica with a big 14/88 stuff in the cover and everywhere of the graphs and/ or specifics symbols related to a determinate ideology.
But no, instead of that you can see a very emotional pic of soldiers, Maybe God knowns whats happen to them.

@ Phelios : If you have a problem with that just dont listen it. Is not necesary to disrespect another people's thinking ( and musical works) because are different, in fact this action speaks bad of you, not of the ones who are 'so wrong' under your ( a bit narrow if you ask me) owns points of view.
smiley

By the way, where is written or who says Dark Ambient is related only to determinated topics? (space, abandoned factories,nightmares, dark feelings,and so and so..)
What is this? some kind of SacroDarkAmbientMusicalTopicsAndRules?
Come on guys.
If this compilation is not your cup of tea, just delete and forget.
smiley
Anyways, thanks for the listening.
smiley

Bearbeitet von CrepusculaR auf 01-12-2009 03:30
DarkAmbient
Technischer Administrator

Eingetreten: 08.02.06
Eingetragen auf 01-12-2009 16:02
CrepusculaR schrieb:
Having a release on La Caverne du Dragon , the split with Jfod Gumt called 'L'effort de Guerre' which is the 4th reference of the netlabel I was invited to join this volume. Of course I take the invitation with all my respect .
Nothing to say against that.

This compilations series attempts to honour the ones who following their own beliefs ( and /or the ones who were forced to) gave their lifes in the front defending their motherlands. Being from any country under any flag. (remember the weblabel is France based)
Yes, French people in general practice a very own kind of nationalism. To them national unity also became a refuge identity after the Vichy trauma. I respect this.

Just like that.
No politics, being correct or the so called incorrect.
This is about remembering the ones who dies fighting at WW I. No one speaks of 'nazism', no one is hailing any ideology.
And hialing honour, suffering in that hard conditions and bravery is not a political statement. Is not so difficult to see the diference.
If there was one compilation, it may have been true. But three seems a bit like a fetish to me... And that's also what some myspace profiles of contributing projects invite to think.

Also, this series are not looking for fame through controversy. If that were the case you could see a HUGE swastica with a big 14/88 stuff in the cover and everywhere of the graphs and/ or specifics symbols related to a determinate ideology.
But no, instead of that you can see a very emotional pic of soldiers, Maybe God knowns whats happen to them.
Right-wingers know very well how far they can go with their symbolism. That's not the point. I don't say all projects dig in this vein, but there definitely are some.

By the way, where is written or who says Dark Ambient is related only to determinated topics? (space, abandoned factories,nightmares, dark feelings,and so and so..)
What is this? some kind of SacroDarkAmbientMusicalTopicsAndRules?
Come on guys.
If this compilation is not your cup of tea, just delete and forget.
smiley
Anyways, thanks for the listening.
smiley
Most of the music on the compilation is not dark ambient. That would be my only objection. Your track is still the one that fits the criteria dark ambient best.

As rather leftist thinker I have to live with this site being used to transport rightist ideology. You know: fredom of speech... That is ok as long as it's not totally brain-dead crap. But don't expect me to let it happen without comment! smiley

Not that I think you are a rightist agitator. And I believe you when you say you think it's totally unpolitical. But let me tell you that only because something isn't noticed as a political topic by a majority, it doesn't mean that this doesn't affect political decisions.

I think of soldiers as potential murderers -- in the same manner I think of drunken car drivers as potential man-slaughterers. It's nothing honorable at it. It's just mindless in most cases. Those who think going to war for your country is a honorable think to do (alias 'fighting terrorism' or 'humanitarian interventions'smiley are even worse. It's because of them that war happened and will happen again.
http://home.arcor.de/tmielke Sende Private Message
Phelios
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 01-12-2009 16:18
CrepusculaR schrieb:
[...] gave their lifes in the front defending their motherlands [...]
[...] Being from any country under any flag [...]
[...] This is about remembering the ones who dies fighting at WW I [...]
[...] And hialing honour, suffering in that hard conditions and bravery [...]
... is not a political statement.

Don´t think so. You already accepted war, nationalism, honour, bravery and killing as something which is worth to be part of our culture. Imagine that there are people who wish to live in a world without all that stupid relics.
CrepusculaR
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 01-12-2009 18:48
@Phelios: thats its your point of view. I respect that but this is just a serie of tracks compilations.
And only for the interwebs. Its not the intention of the album, but at least thinks there are no big chances to dramatically changes world's direction at all. smiley

@ Thomas : yes, of course. But this was my way to show my respect to something I believe worths to do.
Maybe In a near future I will be on a compilation for victims of police abuse or , for beating women.
Or about something absolutely not human related. If I think its worths, then I go.

Mmmm my track for this compilation is not specific ambient but a dark ambient track its :
Ierophania_-_My Sister, I was lost for you.
Grim and raw.
Im still listening the whooole pack in details, discovering tracks and artists because I dont known so much about folk scene.
I will listen and decide.

J Orphic
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 08.12.08
Eingetragen auf 01-12-2009 20:34
frankly speaking i always thought that people listening Dark Ambient also like Martial...but evidently i was wrong...this topic is the demonstration
www.myspace.com/jorphic Sende Private Message
False Mirror
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 21.07.07
Eingetragen auf 01-12-2009 20:54
Phelios schrieb:
CrepusculaR schrieb:
[...] gave their lifes in the front defending their motherlands [...]
[...] Being from any country under any flag [...]
[...] This is about remembering the ones who dies fighting at WW I [...]
[...] And hialing honour, suffering in that hard conditions and bravery [...]
... is not a political statement.

Don´t think so. You already accepted war, nationalism, honour, bravery and killing as something which is worth to be part of our culture. Imagine that there are people who wish to live in a world without all that stupid relics.

Without elaborating further on this compilation, I absolutely agree with you here.
I'd even go that far to say that all kind of music should be free of political statements as those political messages are some kind of misuse of the music. But I know there are many people who would disagree - I can understand why and I respect their disagreement.

J Orphic schrieb:
frankly speaking i always thought that people listening Dark Ambient also like Martial

Interesting, but obviously not true thought.
I think Dark Ambient listeners are a very very heterogeneous group. Some come from the Metal scene, some from the Industrial scene and e.g. I'm myself somehow rooted within the Techno scene. I think there's no typical Dark Ambient user.

falsemirror.de | facebook.com/falsemirror.de

Bearbeitet von False Mirror auf 01-12-2009 21:08
http://www.falsemirror.de Sende Private Message
Phelios
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 01-12-2009 21:12
CrepusculaR schrieb:But this was my way to show my respect to something I believe worths to do.

And THAT is a political statement! Period! You can do whatever you like to do and to be honest I don´t really care about - but don´t pretend that this compilation and your participation are without a political statement.
CrepusculaR
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 02-12-2009 00:04
Sorry man, but doesnt seems as you really dont care. You looks terrible offended by this topic.
Artistically I have no place for political ideology of any kind.-
By the way, Im from south america. Now, following your logic and statements : tell me what could be the sense of making politics by participating on a compilation about..... World War I? There is no war more unrelated to my country than WWI.
So, its pure science: there is not any sense, because there is not any political intention.

@ Dark ambient followers/listeners topic: Yes, we came from differents worlds, thats its the interesting thing. Sometimes its good, others time is not so good. But its real.
From my side, Im rooted on several differents things.
Some of them are humans related too.
smiley

Bearbeitet von CrepusculaR auf 02-12-2009 00:06
Springe zum Forum:
Login
Username

Passwort

Noch kein Mitglied?
Klicke hier um dich zu registrieren.

Passwort vergessen?
Fordere Hier ein neues an
Shoutbox
Du musst Dich einloggen, um eine Nachricht zu schreiben.

DarkAmbient
15 Mar : 13:35
... and again, the Auto DJ switched itself off. Got to write my own radio software. :-/

DarkAmbient
15 Mar : 13:14
And again forgot to restore a slider on a deck after fade-out...

DarkAmbient
15 Feb : 21:53
Ahh sorry, it's the ai revolution! The auto dj went on vacation, leaving the broadcasting software to queue-only mode.

Seelenkrank
15 Feb : 06:33
There ist a Loop running. The same 6-8 Songs all the time (?)

DarkAmbient
31 Dec : 15:17
Wish the same to all of you!

Shoutbox Archiv
Panel Stats