DAR Compilation Vol. 1
Sound samples on MySpace

Review auf Kulturterrorismus
Review auf Medienkonverter
Review on gothtronic.com
Review auf necroweb.de
Review auf Club Debil
Reseña de Mentenebre

Compilation includes tracks by Ah Cama-Soz & All Sides, Dark Muse & Nihil Communication, Evoke Scurvee, False Mirror, Megatone, Mytrip, Nagual Art, Phelios, Phobos, Stephen Parsick, and Svartsinn

Available at your favorite mailorder:
Thread ansehen
Dark Ambient Radio | Talk | Dark Ambient
Seite 1 von 2 1 2 >
Autor Space Ambient
BlackAleph
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 30.06.06
Eingetragen auf 06-05-2007 22:40
Is it something positive or negative? Or - in the end - does it matter?

For me it's a longing, the only sense in life, too see the future, to dream of a better place. But i also dream to be no more... perhaps if there is an afterlife, i wish for my soul - if there is one - to travel through the universe and see all the unbelieveable, the wonders of the universe; no more time, no more thoughts, only distance travels to stars so powerful and wonderful that they devour everything. it IS ultimate peace.

What are your feelings towards Space Ambient? Maybe you feel a “light” mood, but i don't see anything dark nor light in it, but just eternal freedom and piece.

For me, it IS a special genre. And perhaps it sounds really familiar to the forgotten landscapes of „glacial ambient“, the soundscapes that have to coldness of No-Life in common, peaceful glacial movements, with the soundscapes of the places in universe, where No-Life is possible. i love them both.

Here are some free tunes to a game called EVE (and the kind of tracks i mean; or just buy the glacial movements sampler or northaunt - barren land):
http://www.eve-online.com/download/music/

Has there to be a good or bad? or any dark or light? how do you feel about “space ambient” or “glacial ambient“? what do you think about the things that tell of places where humans have never been, where they can never exist? what is the fascination about that cold places?

»rising khaos thru komplexity«
Sende Private Message
Autor RE: Space Ambient
The Large
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 22.01.07
Eingetragen auf 07-05-2007 18:36
Umm... What? ¦) Peace.

Bearbeitet von The Large auf 07-05-2007 18:36
the_large@lycos.com http://www.tomholm-thelarge.com Sende Private Message
DarkAmbient
Technischer Administrator

Eingetreten: 08.02.06
Eingetragen auf 09-05-2007 01:38
Has there to be a good or bad? or any dark or light? how do you feel about “space ambient” or “glacial ambient“? what do you think about the things that tell of places where humans have never been, where they can never exist? what is the fascination about that cold places?

The fascination? Might be an enlightened glimpse at the human condition that they cannot live in harmony together where they should, leading to the tempting imagination of a place one can escape to, findig freedom in solitude -- even if it's a place where they shouldn't or couldn't live.
http://home.arcor.de/tmielke Sende Private Message
BlackAleph
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 30.06.06
Eingetragen auf 15-05-2007 00:19
Good comment smiley

Freedom in solitude, starring at the birth of stars, the endless waves of a snow storm that's digging up the isolationist's landscape. Beauty?

One idea that comes to me when i'm thinking of space is, if there would be an afterlife i would want travel to the places i'm dreaming of, even if it takes a thousand years. I would want to see these places with what once were eyes.

»rising khaos thru komplexity«
Sende Private Message
qh
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 16.07.07
Eingetragen auf 16-07-2007 05:38
I would regard space ambient as one of my most favourite dark ambient subgenres, the other being ritual ambient, a combination by the two would of course be excellent but is very little seen.

Perhaps Lacus Somniorum is something for you, I've been anticipating their first release ever since I got notice of the project. Gustaf Hildebrand, one of my favourite ambient artists is also included in the project. It sounds very much like Hildebrand's 'Starscape' in terms of atmosphere, only more tranquille, and there is a flute playing in most tracks.

To me, the ideal æsthetics of space ambient would be the depicturement of the void, the cosmos and preferably long lost civilizations.

Entsch�ltigungen f�r einigen Fehler in meinem Deutsch, ich wei�e, meine affliktionen sind ganz slecht und ich weisse nicht von elkes Wort das Genus perfekt. Es ist nicht meine Muttersprache.
bordvolgeitenscheit@poop.com Sende Private Message
Transcendental
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 21.11.06
Eingetragen auf 21-07-2007 00:19
for me it is difficult to define 'space' in words. in one direction i see batter barricades down that safe the human mind like "The Retro Rocket" from pete namlook or: "Dream Body" from steve roach, otherwise the feeling of deep dive in space (or get lost in it?), such in: "Fearless" from solitaire or: "Bass Meditaton" from symbiotic or: "Satori" from thom brennan.
sorry,but you must hear it to understand me.
in fact it's THE best way to reach my mind through music...

Bearbeitet von Transcendental auf 21-07-2007 00:51
271367940 Sende Private Message
qh
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 16.07.07
Eingetragen auf 21-07-2007 22:39
One question thought, how many people here would draw the line between space music, and cosmic music? For me space music describes more the fabric of space, the void, the silence, the mystique and the cold. While cosmic music is more bombastic and interplanetary.

Entsch�ltigungen f�r einigen Fehler in meinem Deutsch, ich wei�e, meine affliktionen sind ganz slecht und ich weisse nicht von elkes Wort das Genus perfekt. Es ist nicht meine Muttersprache.
bordvolgeitenscheit@poop.com Sende Private Message
sYz
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 25.07.07
Eingetragen auf 25-07-2007 23:30
Hi all!

@BlackAleph: I´ve nothing to add, only that I´m feeling exactly like you. :-D

I have this pictures of accomplished peace, endless diving through pure infinity in my mind and space ambient does express that like no other music can do. I love space ambient, especially for meditation. Don´t know, if you already know bluemars.org. It seems to be down at the moment, but This is a pure space ambient radio anyway (hope that this kinda "advertising" is allowed). The biggest difference between dark-ambient and space-ambient is, that dark-ambient sounds often dissonant, but space ambient is nearly always harmonious (in my opinion).

I´m sorry for my bad school-english. :-/

greetz.
sYz

Bearbeitet von sYz auf 25-07-2007 23:32
Sende Private Message
Tektonik
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 25.02.07
Eingetragen auf 26-07-2007 11:27
As for Cosmic Music, this is what most early Tangerine Dream was billed as, for instance their famous "Zeit" album. You could also take Popol Vuh´s "Affenstunde" or "In den Gärten Pharaos" as prime examples of Cosmic Music. In later years people like Constance Demby or Bernard Xolotl preferred to use this phrase for their neo-romantic newage-tinted music.

I´d say Cosmic Music is generally old-fashioned psychedelic music whilst Space Music or Space Ambient is more the direction of Michael Stearns´ "Planetary Unfolding" or the like. "PU" is essential listening in that genre, and if you can´t find this long out of print album you ought to go for the two albums "Astral Currents" and "Zoetosis" by Telomere (Christopher MacDonald) who used exactly the same type of instrumentation (i. e. Serge Modular) as Stearns on "PU". And he gets very, very close to the sound and the atmosphere of the original.

Cosmic Music sounds more like a hippie marketing slogan of Germany´s Ohr label, or like the "Cosmic Sounds" album by Zodiac from 1968 or so. Space Music or Space Ambient could be more abstract and colder than Cosmic Music but not necessarily has to. After all, we´re talking about "terminology" here and not about *music*, let alone *content*. The old Cluster track "Sehr kosmisch" goes to show how quickly this term "Cosmic" became an old hat... leave out the first "s" and you´ll end up with "Sehr komisch" ("very funny"smiley.

Stephen

"Wer sich am kommerziellen Musikgeschmack orientiert, dient der Reaktion." (Einstürzende Neubauten, 1981)
Sende Private Message
Paul
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 29.01.08
Eingetragen auf 20-02-2008 18:52
The term “space ambient” has a vast meaning and can sound quite different. Old-school space ambient (especially so-called “Berlin school ambient”) is a very respectable old musical style. Its role in the development of all electronic music is enormous. For example some works by Klaus Schulze, Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, early albums of The Orb and Jonn Serrie – they are great classics of the genre and produced a strong influence on the whole electronic scene (including dark ambient).
Unfortunately, modern space ambient differs from its ancestors greatly in negative sense. It has become tasteless, banal and too sugary because of the negative influence of club, new-age and trance music. Awfully synthetic, squeaky and sickly-sweet sounds of cheap synthesizers have become a common feature for thousands of space ambient "clones".
I think the notion “space ambient” also exists in dark ambient, but of course such kind of music is much more obscure and gloomy than habitual space music. There are many wonderful projects and artists in this stream which create great works dedicated to space thematic. Some of them: Lustmord, Arecibo, Neptune Towers, Delerium, Atomine Elektrine, Biosphere, Dilate, Sleep Research Facility, Bad Sector, First Human Ferro, Visions, Numina, Tholen, Cisfinitum, Kryptogen Rundfunk, Nocturnal Emissions, Filivs Macrocosmi, etc.
Sende Private Message
Sphereshift
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 20.12.10
Eingetragen auf 20-12-2010 10:30
Oops, I just started writing in German, sorry^^. The essence of my post was that there are 5 CDs by NASA which contain signals caught from Voyager 1. Electromagnetic waves, made hearable for humans. CDs are called "Symphonies of Planets" from 1990 or something. By now, they ´re quite rare and not that cheap to get.

Ok, dezent alter Thread, aber gut. Diese Art Ambient ist defintiv ebenso mein Favorit. Auf meiner Suche nach großartigen Platten bin ich, falls es wen interessiert, auf die Space Ambient CDs aller Space Ambient CDs gestoßen. Es sind Aufnahmen von Voyager 1 während des Fluges durch unser Sonnensystem. Elektromagentische Wellen wurden aufgefangen und für das menschliche Ohr hörbar gemacht. Daraus sind 5 CDs entstanden (eine geht etwa 30 Minuten): Symphonies of Planets von NASA - Laserlight Series. Leider nicht mehr einfach zu bekommen, da 20 Jahre alt.

Bearbeitet von Sphereshift auf 20-12-2010 13:59
www.sphereshift.de Sende Private Message
Atkror
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 16.10.10
Eingetragen auf 20-12-2010 13:46
Danke für den Tipp Sphereshift, die Scheibe(n) war(en) mir noch nicht bekannt, der Knaller die Aufnahmen!!!

Was das Genre angeht sind für meine Begriffe Leute wie Claus Schulze, Steve Roach etc zu nennen, wobei es echt viele gute unbekanntere Interpreten auf diesem Sektor gibt. Laut Wikipedia (mit vorsicht zu genießen) soll sich (Space) Ambient und Dark Ambient zwar aus selben Wurzeln, aber trotzdem unabhängig voneinander entwickelt haben. Ich schätze da erzähle ich nicht neues!
Sende Private Message
Tektonik
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 20-12-2010 17:00

Sphereshift schrieb:
Oops, I just started writing in German, sorry^^. The essence of my post was that there are 5 CDs by NASA which contain signals caught from Voyager 1. Electromagnetic waves, made hearable for humans. CDs are called "Symphonies of Planets" from 1990 or something. By now, they ´re quite rare and not that cheap to get.

As exploited by Brian "Lustmord" Williams on one of his side-projects (the one which is less dark and more "spacy"... forgot the name, I´ve got one album here but I´m too lazy to look it up).

Stephen

"Wer sich am kommerziellen Musikgeschmack orientiert, dient der Reaktion." (Einstürzende Neubauten, 1981)
Sende Private Message
Atkror
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 20-12-2010 17:43
At first sorry for my very bad english but I try to write down my last german post in english.

Thanks for the CD-Tipp by Sphereshift. Very great Sound, nice to hear and make a journey throw outer/inner Space!!!

In my opinion interprets like Claus Schulze, Steve Roach, Brian Eno or Wolfram der Spyra are famous but there are also alot of unknown an quiet good space ambient producers like Cypher 7, Carbon Based Lifeforms or Biosphere.

Sende Private Message
Sphereshift
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 20-12-2010 19:23
Tektonik@Arecibo you mean? I have that album, thanks. It contains some nice NASA-samples, what I like. By this I mean communication between astronauts and mission control. (If you loike this, check this out:http://somafm.com/ ) There are some interesting channels, for example Mission Control.
Oh and: there is a sample in it. Could it be it is Carl Sagan?Sounds like that.

You´re welcome, Atkror : )
YEs, I also checked some of the old heroes. Especially it is Tangerine Dream I dig, though there are as well some Schulze CDs I have to take a closer look at. But there is just too much music to deal all with^^
Here, a little earcandy, if you like Carl Sagan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc I love it.

Bearbeitet von Sphereshift auf 20-12-2010 19:27
Tektonik
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 20-12-2010 22:32
"Arecibo", yup, that was it. I fell asleep to it, too smiley.

I *hate* NASA radio transmissions between astronauts and mission control. Probably one of the worst clichés in all things electronic music IMO.

Stephen

Bearbeitet von Tektonik auf 20-12-2010 22:35
Sende Private Message
Atkror
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 21-12-2010 10:01
@ Sphereshift, you´re also welcome. I´m grateful for tipps like this. There so much interprets, projects and "hear-adventures" that it´s furthermore difficult to save clearness. For exemple I prefer the first album of Brian Eno (Music for airports) an his history. In my opinion alot of (space/dark) Ambient projekts lives from their wealth of ideas. What they use for make the musik is from interest for example the transmissions between astronauts and mission control, you mean, or ideas like recordings from idustrial machines, people at work and so on.... Furthermore the processing of the material is a famous capitel.

I take a journey to your earcandy tipp Carl Sagan, i don´t know this guy and be curious about him!

@ tektonik in parts you´re right, I think it´s one of the prototyps used to make ambient sounds but not as bad as others. If you take unknown recordings it could be a new pool for projekts and performences.
Sende Private Message
DarkAmbient
Technischer Administrator

Eingetreten: 08.02.06
Eingetragen auf 21-12-2010 17:22
Aside somafm bluemars is definitely worth checking, if you want to delve into space ambient.
http://home.arcor.de/tmielke Sende Private Message
Sphereshift
Mitglied

Eingetragen auf 23-12-2010 22:08
Na, wenn das mal nicht Value for money ist:
http://www.amazon.de/Nasa-Voyager-Space-Sounds/dp/B002N88BNK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1293139074&sr=8-1

Bearbeitet von Sphereshift auf 23-12-2010 22:18
CrepusculaR
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 27.12.08
Eingetragen auf 25-12-2010 22:22
Nice thread.
You can check some Darkspace's landscapes intermezzos, I mean when they stops to play their guitars and scream at the speed of ray believe me they are masters rising up massive ambients of pure and deep abstraction with the perfect balance of impersonal feeling and direction.
That passages are better than several tracks and even albums comming from the ambient-space-dark scene.
"Dark 2.9 " the second track of Darkspace II is a total masterpiece.
Vast, raw and hostil from every fuc**ing angle.
Simply perfect.

EDIT:

I've found a youtube version of Dark 2.9 !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srWSOrCosJs

smiley

:crepuscular: postindustrial ambient music

Bearbeitet von CrepusculaR auf 26-12-2010 19:25
https://crepuscular.neocities.org/ Sende Private Message
Seite 1 von 2 1 2 >
Springe zum Forum:
Login
Username

Passwort

Noch kein Mitglied?
Klicke hier um dich zu registrieren.

Passwort vergessen?
Fordere Hier ein neues an
Shoutbox
Du musst Dich einloggen, um eine Nachricht zu schreiben.

DarkAmbient
15 Mar : 13:35
... and again, the Auto DJ switched itself off. Got to write my own radio software. :-/

DarkAmbient
15 Mar : 13:14
And again forgot to restore a slider on a deck after fade-out...

DarkAmbient
15 Feb : 21:53
Ahh sorry, it's the ai revolution! The auto dj went on vacation, leaving the broadcasting software to queue-only mode.

Seelenkrank
15 Feb : 06:33
There ist a Loop running. The same 6-8 Songs all the time (?)

DarkAmbient
31 Dec : 15:17
Wish the same to all of you!

Shoutbox Archiv
Panel Stats