DAR Compilation Vol. 1
Sound samples on MySpace

Review auf Kulturterrorismus
Review auf Medienkonverter
Review on gothtronic.com
Review auf necroweb.de
Review auf Club Debil
Reseña de Mentenebre

Compilation includes tracks by Ah Cama-Soz & All Sides, Dark Muse & Nihil Communication, Evoke Scurvee, False Mirror, Megatone, Mytrip, Nagual Art, Phelios, Phobos, Stephen Parsick, and Svartsinn

Available at your favorite mailorder:
Thread ansehen
Dark Ambient Radio | Talk | Dark Ambient Neuerscheinungen / DA New Releases
Autor parsick & reuter -- lament (frippertronics, drones, ambient)
Tektonik
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 25.02.07
Eingetragen auf 21-08-2012 22:59
Hi all,

I´m delighted to officially announce the release of the new collaborative album of Markus Reuter and me. "lament" was recorded during a very inspired session at my place in the summer of 2010. It took a little while to work out a release, and I´m very happy to have it out on Swedish label Gterma, run by Johan Rehn.

"lament" is made up of seven tracks altogether, ranging from three to twenty-three minutes in length. We consider this album a successor to the 2007 album "ceasing to exist", and I´m sure there are quite as many potential hit singles on it as well.

The longest track "and all which is not" is classic Fripp/Eno with loads of heavily processed Touch Guitar, VCS-3, and loops. The other tracks range from spooky horror sci-fi scenarios to ethereal ambient textural work. Certainly nothing for the faint at heart, I guess.

For more info, you can get in touch with Johan directly:

http://gterma.blogspot.se/
http://soundcloud.com/the-lost-gterma
http://www.facebook.com/gterma
http://www.discogs.com/Parsick-Reuter-Lament/release/3772459

Enjoy (or not),

Stephen.

"Wer sich am kommerziellen Musikgeschmack orientiert, dient der Reaktion." (Einstürzende Neubauten, 1981)
Sende Private Message
Autor RE: parsick & reuter -- lament (frippertronics, drones, ambient)
Tektonik
Mitglied

Eingetreten: 25.02.07
Eingetragen auf 30-10-2012 01:27
Found this album review over at the Hypnos forum:

"Released this year on promising Swedish label Gterma, "Lament" is a follow-up of sorts (recorded 2010) to the 2007 Ramp CD album "Ceasing to Exist," where these two veteran electronic composers from Germany joined forces to create voluminous clouds of quite dark guitar and drone textures, far away from Stephen Parsick's previous Ramp efforts which focused on heavy Berlin School sequencing. Instrumentation here is Markus on strings and loop devices, and Stephen on oscillators and loop devices. Opening track "Weightless Particles" reaches stratospheric, heavenly heights with a floating soundscape and infinitely sustained guitar notes that bring to mind the great Michael Brook. Nice! "Hoarfrost" employs some Robert Fripp-like spookiness atop murky grey drones, similar in feel to Fripp/Eno's "Equatorial Stars" release. This track didn't really work for me, unfortunately. Title piece "Lament" fuses some excellent guitar textures from Markus with a gurgling electronic pulse. Next up is the mammoth 24-minute "And All Which is Not," a deep dive into the abyss, rife with swirling electronics and really creepy guitar explorations. Oppressive and definitely not for the faint of heart, this one would be good for a horror film, but too scary for home listening! The brief "Lurk" continues in this vein, this time adding some heavily echoed Robert Rich-style metallic percussion sounds. "Below Ice" had me so scared I had to turn on the lights and grab my teddy bear! This one sounds like the tripods emerging from the ground in "War of the Worlds." Final piece "Reign of Dust" is by far the best thing on "Lament," featuring the stratospheric vibe of the album opener and gorgeous hymn-like Frippian guitars. A truly superb track that I wish had been longer. All in all, this is a very experimental album that I think is too heavy on the dark ambient side, although fans of Robert Fripp's more atonal and challenging soundscapes might be right at home with the bulk of this material."

http://www.hypnos.com/smf/index.php?topic=5472.0

Written by Chris Knowlton aka Drone On. Love the teddy bear bit, Chris .

Thanks for reading,

Stephen

"Wer sich am kommerziellen Musikgeschmack orientiert, dient der Reaktion." (Einstürzende Neubauten, 1981)
Sende Private Message
Springe zum Forum:
Login
Username

Passwort

Noch kein Mitglied?
Klicke hier um dich zu registrieren.

Passwort vergessen?
Fordere Hier ein neues an
Shoutbox
Du musst Dich einloggen, um eine Nachricht zu schreiben.

DarkAmbient
15 Mar : 13:35
... and again, the Auto DJ switched itself off. Got to write my own radio software. :-/

DarkAmbient
15 Mar : 13:14
And again forgot to restore a slider on a deck after fade-out...

DarkAmbient
15 Feb : 21:53
Ahh sorry, it's the ai revolution! The auto dj went on vacation, leaving the broadcasting software to queue-only mode.

Seelenkrank
15 Feb : 06:33
There ist a Loop running. The same 6-8 Songs all the time (?)

DarkAmbient
31 Dec : 15:17
Wish the same to all of you!

Shoutbox Archiv
Panel Stats